We sat down with Thomas Muir, Executive Director, Support Services, MyVA Program Office. He took us through how implementing a multifunctional shared services organization focused on customer service at the VA was so successful, best practices to consider along the SSO journey, challenges that were come across in past year during this transformation, and how they were mitigated, metrics he is most proud of and what they were prior. As well as where he sees the future of SSO headed in the next 5-10 years.
The concept of Global Business Services has been around since the turn of the Millennium, and global brands like Proctor & Gamble, Unilever and Coca-Cola have already pioneered its development as the natural next step in their Shared Services journeys. Download this interview to learn about their SS journeys.
Bryce Tawney has held shared services leadership roles for oil field services giant Halliburton for the past seven years. He recently stepped into an M&A finance integration lead role where his recent focus has been to quickly learn best practices and keys to successful integrations. From a multitude of resources he has quickly learned to manage the steep learning curve.
This exclusive material contains interviews with 3 experts on IA:
- Jon Theuerkauf, Managing Director, Head of Performance Excellence, Robotic Process Automation & COE Program Head at BNY Mellon.
- Jason Barkham, Vice President of Business Transformation Solutions at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- Jim Walker, Services Portfolio Manager at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Shared Service Center (NSSC).
Jon Theuerkauf is the Managing Director, Head of Performance Excellence, Robotic Process Automation & COE Program Head at BNY Mellon. In our chat with Jon, he discussed:
- The approach he has taken at BNY Mellon with RPA and the results this has produced
- Steps in developing a fast & furious (yet sound and discreet) PoC program to easily upload in a reasonable timeframe and with a limited budget
- Advice for organizations looking to implement intelligent automation for the first time
- And where he sees the future of intelligent automation headed in the next 2 - 5 years
We sat down with Jason Barkham, Vice President of Business Transformation Solutions at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
In our chat with Jason, he discussed:
- Ways an organization can determine opportunities and leverage them to achieve process optimization
- Examples of how an organization would choose an intelligent automation tool and business model
- Intelligent automation models Warner Bros. Entertainment currently uses
- The future of intelligent automation within the next 2 - 5 years
Jim Walker is the Services Portfolio Manager at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Shared Service Center (NSSC). We sat down with him to discuss:
- Innovative technology solutions implemented into NASA and the hurdles that were encountered
- Examples of the successes NASA has had with implementation of intelligent automation
- How the NSSC is preparing to offer bots as a service via its Housing and Utilizations of Bots team
- Where the future of intelligent automation is headed in the next 2-5 years
Rochelle Hood, SSON’s Global Head of Customer Analytics and Research, led an interview series with Lee Coulter from Ascension to explore thought leadership and a strategic vision on the impact, benefits and opportunities from Intelligent Automation. Watch this first episode to find out how Intelligent Automation will change the way Global Business Services / Shared Services organizations add value to the enterprises and customers they serve.
About the Thought Leader: Lee Coulter is currently Senior Vice President of Ascension and Chief Executive Officer of its shared services subsidiary, the Ascension Ministry Service Center. Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit health system, tasked Coulter with creating an enterprise wide shared service center to enable Ascension and its 150,000 associates to adapt to changes in the health care market.